Sunday, July 7, 2019

This Day


Today, we had a free day and went to an arcade that has St. Jude discounts.  It went ok, but Ava is now experiencing some of the side effects of chemo.  She is extremely sensitive to smells and gets hot and nauseous easily.  We will not be attempting an outing in the afternoon/evening tomorrow.  Overall, she is doing well, but her appetite has decreased and overall she just doesn't feel well.

The first Dr. we met at the St. Jude affiliate location in JC told us that this journey would be a marathon - not a sprint.  There would be moments of bursts of speed and then slow, painstakingly boring times.  I feel like the last week and a half has been a sprint and we are now entering into a slower paced period. That feels like a welcome relief in some ways, but I also feel like we - Ava's parents - will also have to face the things we haven't dealt with yet, too.  We will see.

For now, we plan to stick closer to the St. Jude complex and get some stuff done - not sure what "stuff" is yet, but hopefully it includes plenty of posts for all our supporters.  One of the things I hope to do is express my gratitude for the ways that you all have loved us and supported us during this time.

4 comments:

  1. LORD let the family feel YOUR PRESENCE on everyone including the Dr's & staff. We thank YOU for all your doing & will continue watching over Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are holding you up in prayer here💚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for all of you!! lynnbateman

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool Ava!❤ In fact, July 7th is my bday! I'm happy you are ok! I have something wrong with my stomach too. Your not alone, mine is not the same tho, doctors are still trying to figure out what is wrong!But I know how it feels to be sick. I have nausea, and stuff too. But I am ok, we are ok, and God is with us. I hope I can see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

1-Year Anniversary of Clear Scans

   This past weekend, we were so grateful to be able to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of Ava's clear scans.  It is truly hard to beli...