Saturday, July 6, 2019

Discharged!


We were discharged from the hospital around lunchtime today! Ava was a champ during her first round of chemo (3 days).  There was no nausea and her "numbers" look great, according to her Dr. We have an appointment with her oncologist on Thursday to assess how the first round went.

Ava is in great spirits and is PUMPED about her new scars, particularly the significant one above her port.  She is supposed to wear a mask in large crowds from now on and we must be diligent about germs and awareness of public spaces.  

It's good to be back at our "home away from home" at Tri Delta.  It's funny how there are different types of home. 

ROUND 1 of Chemo: DONE!  Ava wins. 

11 comments:

  1. 1-0 Love that score Ava. SO Proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Ava! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for zero nausea and great results! Prayers coming for y'all!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go champ !!!! You got this, love Loren and Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! What a brave little warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Doug and although you don't know me, we have a lot in common. I was diagnosed at the age of 14 with stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. They gave me 3 days to live and now I'm 44. You seem like a strong and full steam ahead type of girl. Mom and Dad hang in there, even though it's sad at times just keep smiling and praying. You guys will make it. PS two thumbs up for the port a cath it makes the whole process great. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Ava! I am so glad you did well with your first round of chemo. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am a good friend of Sally Piercy's and I have known your family most of my life. My maiden name is Smith and I went to First Baptist church with the Piercy's and David and I graduated together in 1967. My Dad Waldo Smith taught typing at DB until 1984. Ava I will continue to follow your journey and know that I am praying for your total recovery. God bless you and your dear family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ava Wins!!🙌🏻🙌🏻
    Keep it up, sweet girl! You have an army cheering you on❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for getting out of the hospital and for awesome new scars! Ava you're amazing. We love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOME is with FAMILY

    Enjoy your time together!

    Miss Ava- you have 2 BOXES-USPS- coming your way!
    Thanks to Linda Osborne & Donna Snead for their donation to make the treasures special for you!

    ReplyDelete

1-Year Anniversary of Clear Scans

   This past weekend, we were so grateful to be able to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of Ava's clear scans.  It is truly hard to beli...